One For the Ages
A HelpAge India – Club Mahindra initiative
Our grandparents have been our greatest story-tellers, they have been our defenders, our secret keepers, our most enthusiastic cheerleaders. We all have our own special cherished memories with them.
The Covid 19 pandemic has impacted our grandparents, our elders the most. It has put them at a high physical and emotional risk. Multiple lockdowns and restraints has left our elders feeling alone, fearful, lonely, dealing with anxiety & a feeling of isolation. Many had to socially distance themselves from their family and loved ones, while many simply felt forgotten.
With lockdowns lifting and most getting vaccinated, let us ensure they live life with dignity. This September marking Grandparents Day (Sept.12), HelpAge India in association with Club Mahindra has launched its campaign #OneForTheAges with the hope that, together we can help the generation that made us who we are today.
Your donation and support will be like a warm hug for many of our forgotten grandparents and elders, and will ensure healthy food, medicine, vaccination, and proper care to those who are in need, for them to live with dignity and self-respect. Help those who cannot help themselves. Every contribution is Grand, for each bit can change a life.
This Grandparents Day, lets be GRAND!
The Government of India has recognized HelpAge India’s work by according donations made to it eligible for tax exemption.
HELPAGE INDIA OUTREACH
Serves disadvantaged elders and across India through its various programs and initiatives with the aim to empower them and provide them with a better quality of life.
- Reached out to 15 lakh elders and their communities as part of HelpAge’s Covid 19 Relief intervention.
- Operates Asia’s largest mobile healthcare network for elders, with 173 Mobile Healthcare Units operating in 22 states & union territories, providing 19,68,741 free treatments.
- Rescues and rehabilitates poor abandoned elders through its National Helpline operational in 25 cities across 20 States.
- Conducts cataract surgeries and distributes refraction error correction glasses.
- Supports 4333 Elder-Self-Help-Groups consisting of more than 53,983 elders across 11 states.
- Runs 6 barrier free homes for the aged in 4 states and supports more than 300 homes for the aged pan India.